Saturday, 26 June 2010

End of the Year

So it's the end of second year, which is sad because it's been a really good productive year, exciting because the projects for third year are really interesting and also a bit daunting because now there's only one year left for us at Camberwell. The past few weeks I've been busy with assessment and planning new projects for next year, mainly the "personal project" that runs all year. My tutor said, because I can sometimes get overwhelmed in the research stages of a project, its important that next year I set out the aims of each project, ie; subject/audience/research/format etc, keep reminding myself of them and try to stick to them.



So for the personal project:

SUBJECT: A narrative project about the lives/roles of women in the 1800's and 1900's, particularly the women in my own family. Portray the role of women from different angles.

AUDIENCE: My family, women, people interested in feminism, people interested in the role of women in Victorian England, historians, genealogists.

FORMAT: Sets of sequential images documenting the life stories of sepcific women, working with drawing and etching.

RESEARCH: Concentrate on maintaining an objective viewpoint towards each woman and her story. Read books/autobiographies to find refernces that support what I already know about them and fill in any gaps. Collect records, census returns, certificates, maps, newspapers, military records. Visit museums in the North West and talk to relatives.

No comments: