Tuesday, 11 May 2010

EGP Etch

For our group project we're putting on a print show on Vyner Street so at the moment I've been busy making some prints for it. They're sort of an extension of the work I did for Pefume. I was looking at glass and the textures and tones within pieces of glass. I did some etchings of bottle tops for the book jacket and enjoyed making them so I'm carrying that theme into the group project. I've been looking at different textures, mainly stone, glass and water and been tring to just draw the marks in them to create tone and texture. Then I've been transferring the drawings into shapes, mainly circles and triangles, so that the textures and tones become drawings in themselves, without it being obvious what the object is, and etching the drawings. I hope that makes sense!

No comments: