"The Rat in the Skull."
Again, I think by this point in the sign project I’d realised the point of having an image kit and being able to reuse parts of it and move it around to make new images. This is the poster I made for the headline “RAT IN THE SKULL”. I made five roughs for it, all quite similar, as I was intent on using the paper covers from plugs as the skull with the rat attempting an escape somehow from its jaws. The teeth of the skull are all square beads and the rat himself is a mixture of wool, raffia and buttons. I like this image; it reminds me of children’s books from when I was younger. There is still room for improvement on it though! I think the eye sockets and the nose could be more defined and neater and the teeth all the same colour.